Turkey for Spring? What am I thinking?
Not sure… I guess I got inspired by Taste of Beirut’s recipe for Apple Chutney that she posted last week and thought of the turkey that was sitting in my fridge. I instantly thought of pairing the turkey with apples. Why not chutney? I did not want to take the risk and limited time I had on my hands in prepping a weeknight meal. So I thought of serving the turkey breast I bought from Costco with roasted Apples and side of potato medley, green beans and onions. I was re-creating Thanksgiving just because I felt like having turkey with a side of sweet warm apples with less than an hour’s time frame. The best part: I was left with more food for the next day and more sauce to serve with pasta, or to prepare some herbalicious garlic bread.
Turkey Breast with Parsley Garlic Butter Sauce and Roasted Sweet Apples
3 lb Oven Browned Turkey Breast (purchased from Costco)
2 lb Potato medley or assortment of small potatoes
1/2 lb Green beans
1 onion, sliced
Parsley Garlic Butter sauce
Yield: about 1 1/2 cup
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup olive oil
- lemon rind of 1 lemon
Warm & Sweet Apples
- 6 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tbsp, pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp salt
Preheat oven at 425 degrees:
1. Parboil potatoes for about 15 minutes – remove and drain potatoes.
2. Place turkey, potatoes, onions and green beans in roasting pan and let it cook for about 30 – 40 minutes. (20 minutes covered with foil/10-15 minutes without foil)
3. In the meantime prepare the sauce and apples
Warm & Sweet Apples
1. Combine apples with the spice mix.
2. Place apples on a baking tray and cover with foil and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until they soften.
Parsley Garlic Butter Sauce
1. Add garlic, parsley, lemon rinds and process in food processor.
2. Add butter and process a little more and slowly add in the olive oil while the machine is still on.
3. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Remove turkey from oven, let it rest for about 5 minutes. Serve with side of garlic butter sauce, vegetables and sweet apples.